Axe-throwing instructor (part time)
London, Birmingham and Manchester
There’s nothing like the satisfying thud of sinking your first axe.
As a Whistle Punksaxe-pert, it’s your mission to deliver that experience to everyone who comes onto your lane.
Can you command the attention of an eager-eyed group of axe novices? Are you a fast learner and a patient teacher? Do you have a built-in radar for safety? Can you keep a cool head while the axes are flying? Do you secretly love axe puns? If you think it sounds like we’re talking about you, come have a chat and see if you have the skills to join the team!
- Run axe throwing events according to your training guidelines.
- Manage groups and make sure they’re all happy.
- Keep score (harder than you think!).
- Use power tools safely to repair and maintain out lanes.
- Prep lanes for events and keep the venue looking top notch.
- Be a team player.
- 20- 80 hours per month
- Wage: £11 – £12.32 per hour (based on performance)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Instruction/coaching experience
- Fluent in English
- Quick maths
- Effective time management
- Comfortable with face-to-face customer service
- comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Celebrates success
- Unphased by failure
- Available evenings and weekends
- Lives in London
- 2 work references
Venue Manager (full-time)
Stay On Target are hiring a Venue Manager (VM) who will be predominantly based between our Deansgate, Manchester venue, with occasional travel to our other venues. The VM will work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all Whistle Punks events under their watch are fun, safe and run by a happy team.
Stay On Target (TA Whistle Punks) is the UK’s first Urban Axe Throwing brand. We have venues running in London, Birmingham and Manchester, with plans to open a new site in Bristol. We have launched the national leagues, part of our ambition to build Urban Axe Throwing as a sport in the UK. Whistle Punks is small but MIGHTY business on a mission to take the nation by storm with a new sport to entertain the masses. Our success is a direct result of the fantastic team in place.
- Ensure our events continue to be run safely and professionally
- Your team and support them by addressing any requests/complaints/concerns in good time
- The rota to ensure all events are suitably staffed
- All onboarding and ongoing training of staff
- Manage all inventory within your venue
- Risk assessments as required and address any concerns of hazards accordingly
- The quality of Whistle Punks instruction on site
- Ensure that the venue is always clean, presentable and fit for purpose
- Manage your own time to ensure you are able to oversee the venue and manage your team effectively
- The reputation of WP events to the highest standard possible
- Venue supplier relationships
- Improvements on site on an ongoing basis
- New developments from Operations as required
- H&S recommendations from the Operations Manager
37.5 hours per week (full time)
Salary: £22,425 pa
Bonus: Up to 20% (based on venue success)
- An excellent written communicator who can
- adapt a casual tone in a professional
- Highly organised, with great time
- Ability to work independently but is also a
- team player
- Experience dealing with customers
- Good computer literacy and understanding
- of online systems (specific training
- Initiative and being willing to offer opinions
- on things that could be done better
- Interest in social competitive lifestyle
- Passionate about resolving customer issues
- An interest in social competitive events or cutting edge sports
- In-depth knowledge of excel and google sheets
- An understanding of HR processes is an advantage
- Cover letter
- One written working reference
- One verbal working reference
How to Apply
If that sounds like you, then apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgApply